05/31/2010. Remarks by Bill Walker: "The photo was taken in a southerly direction at the north ramp of the station, the Canada Aviation Museum today is at the base of the hill in the background.
The second Crane received by the RCAF, this aircraft was taken on strength at Rockcliffe on January 10, 1941 and used by the Test & Development Establishment. The aircraft is pictured with a winter blocking plate installed in the cooling inlet of only the left engine, probably for comparative tests of engine temperatures at low ambient temperatures.
It bounced between RCAF Station Trenton, where it was probably used by No. 1 FIS and/or the CFS, and Rockcliffe for the rest of the war. It had only 706 hours total time when it was struck off charge on June 1, 1946, which was quite low for an RCAF Crane. It was subsequently sold and came on the civil register as CF-EST, the registration was cancelled by 1976.