B & W replica, engineers specified these safety modifications:
Welded steel tubing for the fuselage frame instead of the original wood.
A Lycoming GO-435 replaces the 1916 six-cylinder Hall-Scott
engine. Because of the air-cooled engine, the radiator is all grill with
Modern flight instruments.
Longer, sturdier pontoons.
The aircraft was licensed by the FAA for experimental and exhibition use, within glide range of water. It was rolled out May 23, 1966 and first flown two days later. The replica is on display at The Museum of Flight, Seattle, Washington, USA, on loan from Boeing. View also additional photos from the David Horn Collection: 1, 2, and photo 9288.