09/30/2010. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk: "In 1929, the New Standard Aircraft Corporation of Paterson, New Jersey, USA, introduced the D-29. Of conventional construction, it was powered by an 85 hp American Cirrus Mk.III four-cylinder air-cooled inverted in-line engine; only one was produced. The D-29A was powered by an 100 hp Kinner K-5 five-cilinder air-cooled radial engine, and 26 were produced. The sole D-29 Special was fitted with a 95 hp Menasco B-4 four-cylinder air-cooled inverted in-line engine, while the D-29S, a 'sport' version fitted with a coupe-type cockpit, was also an on-off.
In an attempt to find a low-priced plane for flight training, the USN bought six D-29s fitted with an 125 hp Kinner B-5 engine, these were designated NT-1. The D-29A shown above was acquired by the Naval Aviation Museum (presently known as the National Museum of Naval Aviation) at Pensacola, Florida, and is on display in navy markings and wearing the BuNo. A-8588."