09/30/2005. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk: "License built by Canadian Vickers at Cartierville, Quebec, Canada, and delivered to the RCAF as Canso A, s/n 11005, on October 27, 1943. After the war it was stored and in 1948 converted to a freighter, flying photographic reconnaissance, search-and-rescue and flood relief supply missions, finally struck off charge on May 25, 1961.
It was sold to Frontier Air Transport of Calgary, Alberta, registered CF-NJF, converted to a water bomber and sold to Kentings. For several seasons it was chartered by the French Protection Civile at Marseille under the French registrations F-ZBAY and F-ZBBD. In 1974 it joined Norcanair of Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, subsequently re-registered C-FNJF, and in 1980 it was sold to the Province of Saskatchewan.
Late in the 1990s it was stored at St Thomas, Ontario, then ferried to Nanaimo, Vancouver Island where it was converted into passenger carrying aircraft and was fitted with an airstair and new perspex blisters for a panoramic view. In 2004 it was sold to the Catalina Aircraft Limited of the UK and arrived at Duxford on March 30 and re-registered as G-PBYA on November 19. In May 2005 it was repainted to represent the USAAF OA-10A Catalina, s/n 44-33915."