BENJAMIN BAJOREK COLLECTION
No. 6101. Fieseler Fi 156 C-2 Storch
Photographed at National Museum of the USAF, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio, USA, by Benjamin Bajorek
02/15/2007. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk
: "This communications airplane was built in 1940 and delivered to the Swedish AF, s/n Fv3808. Struck off charge in 1948, its whereabouts are not accounted for till July 1965, when it was registered in Germany as D-EBOY. On September 14, 1973 it was registered in the USA as N156SV, the new owners where Lt. Col. Perry A. Schreffler and Maj. Robert C. Van Ausdell, who donated the aircraft to the AF Museum in 1974. The final flight was made by Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager and the registration was cancelled May 8, 1975. The aircraft is painted in the livery worn by the personal plane 5F+YK of General E. Rommel during WW II."
Created February 15, 2007