07/21/2007. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk: "This aircraft was built in 1923 and imported to the USA by the Farman sales agent, the Ludington Exhibition Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Powered by a 50 hp Anzani engine, it was used for demonstration purposes. Registered as NC72 it participated in 1924 in the "On To Dayton Race" and in the National Cash Register Trophy Race in Dayton, were it was damaged beyond repair and by 1928, the airplane was dismantled.
In 1966 the remaines were discovered in New Jersey and a long restoration began. Upon completion the aircraft was donated it to the Smithsonian in November 1982."