09/30/2011. Built as G-ABJJ in 1931, this aircraft was impressed by the RAF under serial BK842 in September 1940; it returned to civil register in January 1946, again as G-ABJJ. It was sold to Canada as CF-AAA in August 1962, and is still on the register, presently owned to Watt Martin of Grand Valley, Ontario.
Bill Ewing adds: "This photo was taken in the 402 'City of Winnipeg' hangar at CFB Winnipeg, Manitoba in August 1983. It had been brought in on the occasion of the 50th Anniversary of the Squadron that month (one of Canada’s oldest flying squadrons), to represent the various aircraft flown by the squadron through the years. The aircraft was flown to CFB Trenton, Ontario, the wings were folded and it was loaded aboard a C-130 Hercules and air-lifted the 1,000 mls (1,609 km) to Winnipeg. After the reunion it was returned to Trenton the same way."