06/30/2010. Dr. Hugo Hübner (February 2, 1882 – November 18, 1938), built several aircraft at his father's brewery in Mosbach, and at Mannheim, between 1909 and 1912. After a heavy crash, Hübner left the test flying of his designs to Paul Senge. The pictured fourth aircraft was produced in 1912, and was of wooden construction with thin fabric covered wings, while the landing gear had a steel framework. Powerplant was a 100 hp four-cylinder engine of 8,700 cc, driving a two-bladed wooden propeller.
In the winter of 1912-1913, influenced by his father, Hübner gave up the expensive aircraft construction, although he designed the Mucke (Gnat) single-seat pusher aircraft that was flown in November 1935. The Type IV was found in a deplorable state on an attic in 1983, since it has been restored for display at the Auto & Technik Museum.