01/31/2012. Built for the USAAF as a C-47A-85-DL, this aircraft was delivered with s/n 43-15553 on April 9, 1944. Three weeks later, April 30, the aircraft was delivered under the Lend and Lease program to the Royal Norwegian AF at Montreal, Canada, and subsequently transferred to Norway.
On October 16, 1946 the aircraft was leased to Det Norske Luftfartselskab (The Norwegian Aviation Company), registered as LN-IAT and named Nordtind. On October 1, 1948 it was renamed Teje Viking and painted in SAS colors, while the airliner became owner of the aircraft on December 15, 1948. On February 8, 1951, the aircraft was taken over by SAS. The registration was cancelled on September 16, 1953.
A fortnight later, October 1, 1953, the aircraft was sold to the Royal Danish AF, the initial s/n was 68-682, which changed to K-682 on December 15, 1960. The aircraft was withdrawn from service on July 30, 1982, and stored at RDanAF Base Værløse on August 6, 1982.
Registered OY-BPB it was leased to Bohnstedt-Petersen A/S between March 3 and October 1, 1983. It was transferred to the military Tøjhusmuseet (Arsenal Museum) in Copenhagen, where it was briefly on display from October 16, 1984 till February 21, 1985, whereafter Bohnstedt-Petersen A/S became the new owner; it was registered again as OY-BPB.
On June 25, 1992 ownership was transferred to the Foreningen For Flyvende Museumsfly (Flying Aircraft Museum Association), while the DC-3 Vennerne (DC-3 Friends) association operated the aircraft.