09/30/2007. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk: "This aircraft was built as a P-39Q-20-BE, later converted to a RP-39Q-22-BE two-seat trainer. It was sold as surplus to Hardwick Aircraft Co., El Monte, California in 1946. In the sixties it was restored to single-seat configuration and donated to USAF Museum in 1966. It is displayed in the markings of the P-39D, s/n 41-7073, flown by Lt. Leslie Spoonts of the 57th Fighter Squadron on Adak Island during the Aleutians Campaign in 1942."
Read the type remarks on page 10376.