12/31/2010. It remains a mystery why the model designation number 8 was issued twice, and to two totally different aircraft types by the Fokker Aircraft Corporation of America of Teterboro Airport, New Jersey. Pictured here is the first, the two-seat high-wing Skeeter open-cockpit monoplane.
Powered by a 55 hp Anzani engine, it appeared in 1926 and was most likely a test bed for the extremely thin aluminum wing, an unknown feature for Fokker aircraft of that era, which were usually fitted with a thick wing of wooden construction. The fuselage was of familiar fabric covered steel-tube construction. The aircraft was last seen in 1931, there is no data available.