11/15/2014. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk: "This two-seater was built at Warnemünde, Germany by the Ernst HeinkeI Flugzeugwerke in 1932. Powered by an 155 hp Argus As 8R and coded E2, it participated in the FAI Challenge International de Tourisme (International Tourist Contest) in August 1932. Re-engined with an 120 hp de Havilland Gipsy III engine the aircraft was imported by the Air Ministry in December 1932, and registered G-ACBS, it was loaned for six months to Handley Page Ltd. for slot and flap research. Thereafter, in July 1933, it was transferred to the R.A.E. under the British serial K3596.
On September 23, 1935 it was restored on the civil register as G-ACBS to Fl.Lt. B. Paddon of Brooklands and a CofA was issued on January 6, 1936. A year later A.H. Elton flew it to South Rhodesia on delivery to the new owner H. Perrem of Umtali, who had it reregistered VP-YBI. In February 1950 it was sold to Neville 'Bowks' Bowker, also of Umtali, who used it for land survey. In 1951 it changed hands to town-fellow Louis Mallach, who soon thereafter wrecked it, it was scrapped in 1952."