08/31/2007. The tandem two-seat Fl 184 was the first autogiro with a
cyclic pitch controlled rotor. Powered by a Brandenburgische
Motorenwerke (Bramo) Sh 14 seven-cylinder radial engine, it was
ordered by the RLM (Reichsluftfahrtministerium, State Air Ministry)
in January 1935 and flew for the first time in November 1936. On a
test flight in the following month, the aircraft caught fire and was
destroyed in the emergency landing; the pilot was killed.