NICO BRAAS COLLECTION
No. 9506. Bloch 151 French Air Force
Source unknown

Bloch 151

12/31/2009. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk: "The Bloch 151 was a restructured, aerodynamically-refined development of the Bloch 150, flown for the first time on August 18, 1938. Armament comprised two 0.787 in (20 mm) HS 404 cannon and two 0.3 in (7.5 mm) MAC 1934 machine guns (although many production aircraft were subsequently to be delivered with a quartet of 0.3 in (7.5 mm) machine guns and no cannon).

Initially powered by a Gnome-Rhone 14N-11 engine, the Bloch 151 standardized on the 14N-35 offering the same power, and 144 fighters of this type were ordered, the first being taken on charge by the Armée de l'Air on March 7, 1939. Performance proved disappointing, the type being considered unsuited for first-line duties but, in the event, the Bloch 151 was used in combat by both the Armée de l'Air and the Aéronavale. Nine were supplied to Greece.

Created December 31, 2009