Powered by a 35 hp Anzani engine, the first aircraft (F-ANRX c/n 01) flew at Toussus-le-Noble on September 27, 1933, while the first production L3's, built by Aucouturier-Dugoua & Cie, appeared in 1936, fitted with a 45 hp Salmson 9Adb radial engine. Most of the 24 pre-war examples were produced by the Société des Avions Leopoldoff.
After WW II six were produced in Morocco by CAM (Société des Constructions Aéronautiques du Maroc), designated CAM-1. Nearly 100 more L3's and variants (fitted with different engines) were produced (some converted from L3's) by Loepoldoff, SCANOR (Société de Construction Aéronautique du Nord) and amateurs, including the:
L6 (65 hp Minie 4.DF.28 Horus)
L7 (65 hp Continental A65-8S)
L31 (50 hp Boitel 5Ao engine)
L32 (65 hp Walter Mikron III)
L53 (75 hp Minie 4.DC.32)
L55 (90 hp Continental C90).
G-AYKS was first flown on August 28, 1948, registered as F-PCZX, it came on the UK Registry October 8, 1970, and still is as of this day, although it changed ownership three times.