01/31/2010. The M.S.700 was a light all-metal twin-engined monoplane which conformed to the French "Colonial" Specification and was intended for use as a liaison transport, an ambulance, a light freighter or as a twin-engined trainer. It fulfilled all ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) requirements for single-engined flight. With company test pilot Jean Cliquet at the controls, the prototype four-seat M.S.700, registered F-WFDC (c/n 01), flew for the first time at Tarbes on January 8, 1949.
Powered by two 160 hp Potez 4D33 four-cylinder inverted in-line engines the first prototype proved underpowered, so the second prototype registered
F-WFDE (c/n 02), was fitted with two 220 hp Potez 4D31 engines. The third prototype had an enlarged cabin seating six persons and was powered by two 240 hp Salmon 8.AS.00 eight-cylinder inverted V-engines. Registered
F-WFDD (c/n 03) and designated M.S.703 it was first flown on January 3, 1951.
The registrations changed to F-BFDC, F-BFDE and F-BFDD respectively after the aircraft gained their CofA, however, no more aircraft were produced, although one of the M.S.700s was re-engined with two 180 hp Mathis 8G-20 eight-cylinder inverted V-engines, and subsequently was redesignated M.S.701.