BILL COFFMAN'S SPITFIRE STUDIO COLLECTION
No. 8707. Shavrov Sh-2 (CCCP-E 1968) Aeroflot
Photographed at Historic Aircraft Restoration Museum, Creve Coeur Airport, Maryland Heights, St Louis, Missouri, USA, September 20, 2008, by Bill Coffman

Shavrov Sh-2

03/31/2009. Vadim Borisovich Shavrov designed and built his first aircraft, the side-by-side two-seat amphibian Sh-1, at his flat in Leningrad, it was first flown on June 21, 1929. The Sh-2 was a scaled-up three/four-seat utility amphibian that was first flown on November 11, 1930. Successful testing resulted in production of 270 aircraft between 1932 and 1934.

The type was used by Aeroflot in many parts of the USSR and in 1939 the airline produced several aircraft from spare parts, eventually several hundred were produced from scratch. The type operated till 1964.

Created March 31, 2009