Built by Austin, delivered to the RAF as NX611, in April 1945, stored till 1952. One of 22 sold to the L'Aeronavale, delivered as WU 15 on May 30, 1952. In November 1962 ferried to Nouméa, New Caledonia (French territory), 2,000 mls (3,219 km) North-East of Sydney, Australia. It was photographed in Australia in 1963.
In 1964 donated to the Historic Aircraft Preservation
Society, UK. Registered as G-ASXX flown to Biggin Hill in April/May
1965. G-ASXX made its final flight to Squires Gate, Blackpool, UK, on
June 26, 1970. Now restored and preserved at East Kirkby near Spilsby,
Lincolnshire, UK. The photo must have been taken shortly after
arrival of the aircraft in the UK, the logo's on the nose are
from the UK-flight sponsors: RAAF, RAF, Shell, Qantas, Hawker
Siddeley and others.