06/18/2007. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk: "This aircraft was part of the last batch of Meteor F.Mk.8s built by Gloster at Hucclecote, Gloucester, England in January 1954 and delivered to the RAF, s/n WL168, on February 22, 1954. In 1958 it was converted to a Meteor F(TT).Mk.8 target tug and served with the RAF Armament Practice School at Sylt, West Germany, from January 27, 1959 until September 7, 1961, when it was stored at RAF Lyneham, Wiltshire, England.
Struck off charge on April 11, 1962, it was given the Maintenance serial 7750M and over the years it was on display at several RAF facilities. At the Museum of RAF Finningley it wore the livery of WH456, coded L, of 616 Squadron Royal Auxiliary Air Force (RAuxAF). At RAF St. Athan it wore the correct livery of WL168, coded A, of 111 Squadron RAF. Back at RAF Finningley it was repainted as WK864, coded C, of 616 (South Yorkshire) Squadron, RAuxAF and still has that livery since it came to the Elvington Museum in May 1996."