NEVILLE DENTON COLLECTION
No. 7982. Auster J/1 Autocrat (G-AJIG c/n 2249)
Photographed at Bridlington, UK, 1950, by Neville Denton
06/30/2008. The three-seat Autocrat was based on the two-seat Auster Mk.5 and was powered by an 100 hp Cirrus Minor 2 four-cylinder air-cooled inverted in-line engine, Produced in 1946 this Autocrat was used by the East Riding Flying School before it went to Germany in July 1956, where it was registered as D-EGAD. Ten years later it was destroyed on May 2, 1966.
Created June 30, 2008