05/31/2007. Marketed as the 4-O-4 or Four-O-Four, this 404 was first registered N40429. Delivered to TWA on July 16, 1952, it was named Skyliner Peoria and given the fleet number 429. In 1959 it was sold and registered as N636X it changed hands about ten times. In 1994 it was bought by Jeff Whitesell, founder of Airliners of America (AOA), and it was restored by March 1997. Unfortunately AOA ceased operations in 2002 and the aircraft has since been in storage at the Southern California Wing of the Commemorative Air Force at Camarillo, California.
Read also the remarks in photo 12058.