DOUG DUNCAN COLLECTION
No. 7507. Curtiss MF (A-5483) US Navy
Photographed at National Museum of Naval Aviation, Pensacola, Florida, USA, December 2000, by Doug Duncan
03/31/2008. This was the first of 80 MF (Modified F) flying boats produced by the Naval Aircraft Factory under license to Curtiss, who had built 22. Built in 1918 it was delivered to the USN under BuNo. A5483, and served for four years as a two-seat trainer. It came on the civil registry in 1922 as NC2172 and flew until 1936, thereafter it was stored. In 1965 it was purchased by the USN, and after a three-year restoration it was delivered to the Naval Aviation Museum (presently known as the National Museum of Naval Aviation) in 1968.
Created March 31, 2008