03/31/2009. In 1984 the USAF Museum obtained a complete CL.IV and sufficient spare parts and components to assemble two more CL.IVs. A fuselage (c/n 8103) and a set of wings and other parts were donated to the NASM. In 1987 a joint venture was set up by the Museum für Verkehr und Technik (Museum of Transport and Technic) in Berlin, NASM, and the USAF Museum, and it was arranged the German museum would restore the three aircraft of the two US museums for static display. In return one of the USAF Museum aircraft would remain in Germany.
The NASM CL.IV was restored as the 8103/18, while the USAF Museum CL.IV was finished in the markings of the squadron leader of the Schlachtstaffel 21, as flown in mid-July 1918 during the Chateau Thierry battle. View also photo 6742.