02/28/2011. Built for the RCAF as a Chipmunk Mk.2, this DHC-1B-2-S5 was fully aerobatic. It was taken on strength on June 1, 1956, and Canadian and Dutch pupils flew it at Primary Flying Training School at RCAF Station Centralia, Ontario. After the unification of the forces into the CAF, this aircraft was redesignated CT-120 Chipmunk Mk.2 and reserialed 12054 on June 2, 1970.
It was struck off charge on November 24, 1971, and came on the Canadian register as CF-BNM on April 10, 1972 January 27, 1972, later reregistered to C-FBNM. Since November 18, 1998, the aircraft is owned by the Canadian Historical Aircraft Association at Windsor, Ontario.