03/31/2012. The C-35 was a two-seat multi-purpose biplane in use by the Swiss Air Force in the 1930s and 1940s. Its development began in 1936 at the EKW (Eidgenössische Konstruktionswerkstätte, Federal Constructions Workshop, also known as K+W) at Thun, Switserland. The C-35 was designed for reconnaissance and (dive) bombing, and a total of 88 specimens of the type were produced.
Although the C-35 was obsolete at the beginning of the WW II, it remained in use until 1945. When during the Western campaign the German Luftwaffe violated the border of neutral Switzerland, and even flew missions against the Swiss AF, the C-35 fought on the front line against the Heinkel He 111 and Messerschmitt Bf 110, one C-35 was shot down, both crew members were killed.
The pictured aircraft was delivered on September 7, 1937 and served till it was redrawn from use on August 31, 1950.