BILL EWING COLLECTION
No. 11628. Bordelaise L.H. 70
Photograph from Musée de l'Air

Bordelaise L.H. 70

10/31/2012. The Société Aérienne Bordelaise responded to a 1930 specification for a colonial aircraft, and designed the L.H. 70. The all-metal high-wing monoplane with a fixed landing gear was powered by three 300 hp Lorraine Algol engines with two-blade metal Levasseur propellers. The sole prototype was first flown in 1932, testing at Villacoublay in January 1933 revealed inadequate lateral stability and engine vibration, subsequently the aircraft was not selected and the program was cancelled.

Created October 31, 2012