Powered by a 330 hp Hispano-Suiza 8Se water-cooled engine and carrying an armament of two 0.303 in (7.7 mm) Vickers machineguns, the LB 2 was of wooden construction and was intended to operate from the carrier Béarn. The LB 2 was flown for the first time in 1927, and, in October of that year, with a twin-float undercarriage from Saint-Raphaël.
With the failure of the J. Levy company, the rights in the LB 2 design were transferred to the Etablissements P. Levasseur, which manufactured a series of 20 aircraft, designated LB 2 AMC1, during 1928-1929. These saw limited service aboard the Béarn and from shore bases.
Span: 34 ft 1.5 in (10.40 m)
Length: 24 ft 8.25 in (7.52 m)
Height: 11 ft 5.33 in (3.49 m)
Wing area: 258.34 sq.ft (24.00 sq.m)
Empty weight: 2,028 lb (920 kg)
Loaded weight: 2,976 lb (1,350 kg)
Max speed: 136 mph (219 kmh)
Climb: to 16,405 ft (5,000 m) 25 min."