09/30/2009. Produced as an unarmed, dual control trainer by de Havilland at Leavesden near Watford, Hertfordshire, UK, in Spring 1945. Allotted RAF s/n RR299, this "Mossie" served several units in the Middle East and the UK, including No.3 CAACU (Civilian Anti-Aircraft Co-operation Unit) at Exeter as a target tug.
It was struck off charge in 1963 and sold to Hawker Siddeley (HS), registered as G-ASKH on12/07/1963. It went to British Aerospace (BAe) in 1977, when HS merged into BAe. It flew in many air displays in Europe and appeared in movies and was the last flying Mosquito until it was lost in a fatal crash at Barton on July 21, 1996. View also photo 4803.