12/31/2007. This was the last of 8 Stratocruisers built for American Overseas Airlines and named Flagship Scotland it was delivered to the airline on January 5, 1950. The airline was taken over by Pan Am the following September and so were the Stratocruisers. This aircraft was initially renamed Clipper Eclipse, later Clipper Mandarin, it was stored in 1960.
On February 19, 1962 the aircraft was registered to the Israel AF as
4X-AOI, re-registered 4X-FOI in November 1962, and to 4X-FPY in
1965/66. Thereafter it was serialed 097 and finally preserved at
Hatzerim Air Base in Israel.