A demonstrator was also built, still unregistered it was tested by the RCAF at Rockcliffe, Ontario between 9 and 21 September, 1937, no orders were forthcoming. In 1939 the aircraft was converted to single-seat configuration and flown by Fleet's test pilot Captain Thomas F. Williams it was used for drop-testing parachutes for Air Chute of Fort Erie throughout WW II. Although it carried RCAF roundels it still had no registration nor serial.
In 1946 it was registered CF-DLC and the following year Williams bought the aircraft and converted the aircraft to a model 21K by replacing the Wasp Jr. by a 330 hp Jacobs L-6MB seven-cylinder air-cooled radial engine. In 1971 the aircraft was sold to Falls Aviation of Fort Erie, and converted back to a two-seater.
On December 9, 1986, it was acquired for preservation by the Canadian Warplane Heritage at Hamilton, where it is seen here in front of the P-51D Mustang N51PT "Petie 3rd", and Anson Mk.V, RCAF 12417. Still airworthy and part of the collection, the aircraft is no longer flown. The Canadian Civil Aircraft Register shows the registration as CF-DLC, although presently it is marked as C-FDLC.
Captain Williams (October 12, 1885 - July 25, 1985) was one of Canada’s earliest pilots, his original flying license was signed by Orville Wright. Enlisted into the RFC on September 23, 1914, flying Sopwith Camels he scored fourteen victories over Belgium and Italy between October 24, 1917 and July 27, 1918, earning Britain's Military Cross and Italy's El Valor Militaire.
After WW I he was a founding member of the RCAF, he also founded Oxford County's first licensed airport at Sweaburg in 1927, and in 1931 he became a flight instructor at the London Flying Club, Ontario.
In 1960, at the age of 75, Captain Williams applied for, and gained, a new license as the original flying license was recalled by the authorities. He kept on flying till 1971, at that time being recognized as the world's oldest pilot. In 1974 he was inducted into Canada's Aviation Hall of Fame at Edmonton.