09/30/2008. The twelfth of 217 B-18As ordered under contract AC9977 of June 1937, the aircraft was produced under the USAAC s/n 37-469 and was delivered in 1938. From 1939 to 1942 it was based at Wright Field, in 1946 it came on the civil registry as NC56847, registered to G. H. Baldwin. When it was registered to Leo J. Demers of Salem, Oregon in 1954, the 'C' was dropped from the registration and the aircraft was converted to an agricultural sprayer.
Ten years later it was acquired by Walter J. Martin of Long Beach, California and subsequently by Westernair of Albuquerque, New Mexico. By May 1969 the aircraft was stored, initially at Tucson, Arizona, later at Albuquerque. In 1971 the aircraft was obtained by the AF Museum at Wright-Patterson AFB where it initially was displayed in its civil livery.
In 1980 a restoration was started, that included the refitting of the fully retractable dorsal turret located just ahead of the vertical fin. Upon completion in June 1982, the aircraft was finished as a B-18A serving with the 38th Reconnaissance Squadron in 1939. Since it has been a permanent exhibit in the museum AirPower Gallery.