11/30/2011. The first production PR.Mk.7, WH773 was first flown at Salmesbury, Preston, UK on August 16, 1953. Flown by Wing Commander Lewis Hodges, and Squadron Leader Bob Currie it entered the New Zealand Air Race two months later, departing London Airport on October 8, and arriving at Christchurch on October 10, 1953, after a total flying time of 22 hr 22 min.
The aircraft was subsequently assigned to squadrons in the UK, Germany and Malta, and finally was struck off RAF charge in June 1981. It became a Ground Instructional Airframe, although a number of year later it became a gate guard at RAF Wyton. In 1990 it was transferred to the Gatwick Aviation Museum at Charlwood, where it still is as of this day.