11/30/2012. Remarks by Collin Gyenes: "This photo is from a relative of the late Jack Laister, designer of Laister-Kauffman gliders and who worked for Aero Design in the period 1957-1960.
Originally ordered in a batch of fifteen Aero Design 560A L-26Bs (55-4634 to 55-4648) for VIP-transport, the last two were produced as Presidential transport Aero Design 680 Super L-26Cs. This aircraft was delivered to the USAF on April 3, 1956, and redesignated U-4B in 1962, it was in service with the USAF into the mid-1970s, being stored at MASDC on November 2, 1977.
Subsequently it was used by the Civil Air Patrol, registered as N5379G. On July 16, 1998 it was delivered to the USAF Museum, Wright-Patterson AFB, Dayton, Ohio, where it is on display (site files)."