January 1948: 131st Fighter Squadron, Barnes Airport, Massachusetts
July 1951: 113th Fighter Squadron, Stout Airport, Indianapolis, Indiana
September 1954: 113th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Hulman Airport, Indiana
January 1963: 181st Tactical Fighter Group, Hulman Airport, Indiana
The aircraft was operated by the 360th TEWS (Tactical Electronic Warfare Squadron), affectionately known as Antique Airlines. The Air Force Outstanding Unit Award was awarded to the 460th TRW in 1969, its colors can be seen next to the cockpit window
In September 1971 the aircraft was transferred to the 483rd Tactical Airlift Wing at Cam Ranh Bay AB, while in February 1972 it returned to Tan Son Nhut AB, where it was assigned to the 377th Air Base Wing. In November 1972 the aircraft was transferred to the South Vietnam AF under the Military Assistance Plan. Its ultimate fate is unknown."
02/05/2004. D.J. Hegland was an aircraft commander for the 360th TEWS based at Tan Son Nhut AB. He flew missions as well as flight instruction. D.J. Hegland was awarded his second Distinguished Flying Cross in Vietnam.