12/31/2008. Built by the Travel Air Manufacturing Company, Wichita, Kansas on February 15, 1927, eleven days later the aircraft was sold to William A. Burke of Okmulgee, Oklahoma. After his death, the aircraft was acquired on June 14, 1928 by the Robertson Aircraft Corporation of St. Louis, Missouri, and used as a mail carrier on the 276 mls (444 km) C.A.M. 2 (Contract Air Mail) route Chicago to St. Louis, till it was sold on January 13, 1930.
Thereafter it had nine owners, five engine changes and two accidents before the registration was cancelled on February 24, 1937. Reportedly it was flown again during WW II, fact is that it has been beautifully restored by Al Kelch in the Robertson Aircraft Corporation livery as it carried during the nineteen months it served on the C.A.M. 2 route.