ROBERT HODGSON COLLECTION
No. 11978. Ilyushin Il-14P (482 c/n 14803035) "Crate" East German Air Force
Photographed at Finow, Germany, April 1, 2013, by Robert Hodgson

Ilyushin Il-14P

06/15/2013. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk: "Built by the VEB Flugzeugwerk Dresden (Volkseigener Betrieb Flugzeugwerk Dresden, Publicly Owned Aircraft Plant Dresden) in 1958, this aircraft was registered as DM-VAD on August 28, 1958 and operated by the national airline Interflug. In 1962 it was transferred to the LSK/NVA (Luftstreitkräfte der Nationale Volksarmee, National People's Army Air Force) and allotted the serial 482.

The aircraft was put on display at the Offiziershochschule für Militärflieger "Otto Lilienthal" (an academy for military aviation officers) (1986-1990) at Bautzen, after the unification of East and West Germany the aircraft was transferred to the former Soviet/Russian air base Finow, which had been evacuated in 1993."







Created June 15, 2013