08/31/2014. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk
: "This aircraft was originally built in 1917. More than fifty years later it was stored in an EAA warehouse, less engine, less wings. EAA member Charlie Klessig started a restoration at his home in South Dakota and in the late 1970s the aircraft was flown again, powered by a Hispano-Suiza Model A engine. It received a CofA on July 11, 1980. After Klessig passed away, the aircraft (also referred to and registered as a Klessig Standard J-1) was donated to the EAA Museum. In 2011 another restoration was started and the aircraft was ready for static display at Oskosh 2013. Since it has been flown again."