06/30/2009. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk: "Designed by James 'Jim' Eastman and Tom Towle of Beasley-Eastman Laboratories of Detroit, Michigan, the prototype (c/n 1) of this sesqui-flying boat flew from the Detroit river in 1927. The prototype was registered NX3643 and was initially powered by a 90 hp Anzani radial, later by a 120 hp Warner Scarab radial.
Also known as the Beasley-Eastman Flying Boat, the hull construction consisted of an aluminum skin on a wooden framework, while the wings and tail empennage were built of wood and metal with a doped linen covering. Pilot and two passengers sat in two separated open cockpits. Seventeen more E-2's were produced, all powered by an 185 hp Curtis R-600 Challenger six-cylinder two-row radial.
In 1930 an amphibian version was developed, designated E-2-A, two aircraft were produced (NC474M, NC476M), while three flying boats were converted (NC466M, NC470M, NX592M). One E-2 (NC464M) was converted to the E-2-D, fitted with a 225 hp Packard diesel engine.
The sole surviving E-2 is preserved at the British Columbia Aviation Museum, Sidney, British Columbia, Canada."