DAVID HORN COLLECTION
No. 9341. Savoia-Marchetti S.56 (NC356N c/n 19)
10/31/2009. Designed in Italy, the three-seat S.56 biplane amphibian flying boat was license built by the American Aeronautical Company at Port Washington, New York, and the first of 25 produced was flown in 1929. They were powered by a 90 hp Kinner K-5 five-cylinder radial engine. NC356N was one of three converted to the S.56B when fitted with an 125 hp Kinner B-5 five-cylinder radial engine.
Created October 31, 2009