Three test models were ordered, and were unusual in that they reverted to the pre-war side-by-side seating and were the last design submitted to the Army with rotary engines. Allotted the s/n 64390 to 64392, the aircraft were tested at McCook Field, Dayton, Ohio, and received the Project Number P-230, P-239 and P-262 respectively.
Even with the lighter airframe, the 80 hp Le Rhône was not adequate for the job, so the ten production TA-3s (s/n 22-266 to 22-275) were fitted with 110 hp Le Rhônes, and the first was also tested at McCook Field, under the Project Number P-276; it was surveyed on March 18, 1927.
Span: 30 ft 11.5 in (9.44 m)
Length: 22 ft 7 in (6.88 m)
Wing area: 235 sq.ft (21.8 sq.m)
Loaded weight: 1,693 lb (768 kg)
Max speed: 84 mph (135 kmh)."