01/31/2011. Originally built as an F.Mk.4 single-seat fighter, WV318 was first flown on May 23, 1955, and was delivered to 5MU at RAF Kemble, Cirencester, on June 16. It served with No.14 and No.93 Squadrons, until it had an accident in March 1956. While being repaired by Hawker it was converted to one of the 45 T.Mk.7 side-by-side two-seat trainers produced for the RAF. It returned to the RAF on June 1, 1959, and served with No.111 Squadron and the Central Flying School.
In 1964 it became one of four T.Mk.7s that were modified to T.Mk.7A's with the "OR946 Integrated Flight Instrumentation System (IFIS)", used on the English Electric Lightning and the Blackburn Buccaneer. WV318 was used a trainer and hack by Lightning units No.74 and No.5 Squadron and from February 1970 by Buccaneer units No.12, No.15 and No.16 Squadron (the latter two in Germany), before ending up at Lossiemouth with No.208 Squadron.
WV318 was one of the last Hunters to serve with the RAF and it was painted in the markings of No.111 Squadron (Black Arrows) to commemorate 40 years of Hunter operations. It was sold to Delta Engineering Aviation Ltd. (operating as Delta Jets) at Kemble and registered as G-FFOX on January 10, 1996, and since seen on many air shows. On June 3, 2008 it was reregistered to the WV318 Group, also at Kemble.