BERNHARD C.F. KLEIN COLLECTION
No. 10165. Ikarus 452-M
Source unknown

Ikarus 452-M

11/30/2010. Built at the Ikarus factory at Zemun, Belgrade, Yugoslavia, the 452-M (M = Mlazni, meaning Jet) single-seat research aircraft was designed by Dragoljub Beslin. It was constructed of an experimental light alloy, and had swept wings and tail surfaces and was powered by two 330 lb (150 kg) s.t Turboméca Palas turbojets mounted one above the other at the rear of the fuselage.

The vertical tail surfaces were mounted at the ends of twin booms, with the V-tailplane in between the fins and supported at its centre by a dorsal fin on the aft end of the fuselage. Separate air inlets were provided for the two engines; in the wing roots for the lower engine and on the side of the rear fuselage for the upper engine. The landing-gear was a retractable tricycle. The aircraft was first flown on July 24, 1954.

Created November 30, 2010