Design of the Anade (alternative name Dekan) tandem-seat tractor reconnaissance biplane begun in the summer of 1915. It was of wooden construction covered with fabric except plywood on the forward fuselage and an aluminum cowling; it had ailerons on the upper wings only. The fuel tank was divided into three sections with valves to seal-off any section with bullet hole or other damage. In the rear cockpit a pivoting gun was fitted, while a 66 lb (30 kg) bomb load could be carried.
Powered by an 100 hp Gnome Monosoupape, the first flight took place on December 19, 1915, resulting in numerous major changes prior to delivery of series aircraft from May 16, 1916. A total of 170 were delivered, a few were fitted with a Clerget engine, these were called Anaclé.
Span: 38 ft 8.75 in (11.50 m)
Length: 25 ft 3.125 in (7.70 m)
Wing area: 376.75 sq.ft (35.0 sq.m)
Empty weight: 1,135 lb (515 kg)
Loaded weight: 1,907 lb (865 kg)
Max speed: 82 mph (132 kmh) at sea level
Climb: to 9,843 ft (3,000 m) 26 min
Takeoff run: 197 ft (60 m)
Landing run: 295 ft (90 m)
Service ceiling: 13,125 ft (4,000 m)
Duration: 3 hr 30 min
Erroneously the Anatra Anade is often designated Anatra D Anade, however, the Anatra D (né Anade) was a three-engined four-seat bomber flown once on June 23, 1916."