10/31/2010. One of a batch of 400 A.O.P.Mk.Vs ordered for the RAF, which received a serial in the TJ187 to TJ707 range, this aircraft was allotted TJ347, and served with the Communication Squadron of the 2nd Tactical Air Force. It was struck off charge in 1947 and was sold back to the manufacturer (which had been renamed Auster Aircraft Ltd. on March 7, 1946), and was registered to Auster as G-AIPE on December 17, 1946.
It was registered to two other successive owners before it came to the Netherlands, where it was registered as PH-NET on June 26, 1952. It had five more successive owners before it was deregistered on May 11, 1970, and donated to the Militaire Luchtvaart Museum (Military Aviation Museum) at Soesterberg. Eighteen years later, March 30, 1988, it reappeared on the registry as PH-NET registered to an individual.
Again it changed hands twice before it was registered to the 'Wings to Victory Foundation' on April 26, 2010.