01/31/2009. New from the factory, the aircraft was registered as CF-BHS to Tom Lamb of Lamb Airways of The Pas, Manitoba, Canada, on October 4, 1945. Twenty-one years later, on May 16, 1966, the aircraft was sold to G.M. Clark and John F. Midgett of Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan, It was reregistered to C and M Airways of La Loche, in 1971, while on September 28, 1989 it was registered to La Loche Airways.
While taxiing on Cree Lake on October 11, 1989, fire broke out and the aircraft was beached on Prowse Island and subsequently damaged beyond repair by the fire. The registration was cancelled on April 4, 1990. Eighteen years later its remains had been rebuilt to static display in the colours of Lamb Airways and on June 28, 2008 unveiled on a pedestal in the Lions Park, Thompson, Manitoba, to commemorate the bush plane and their bush pilots, especially Tom Lamb.
View also photo 5916.