08/31/2006. Remarks by Jack McKillop: "This aircraft was delivered to the USAAF in December 1944 as a C-46D-10-CU. In 1955, it was assigned to the 135th Air Resupply Squadron, Maryland ANG and based at Harbor Field, Baltimore, Maryland, USA. In 1958, the C-46 was phased out and the aircraft was placed in storage. On April 14, 1967, the aircraft was sold to the Indian Ministry of External Affairs and registered VT-DVP. In 1973, it was withdrawn from service and placed in storage and subsequently scrapped."
Read the type remarks on page 9966.