01/31/2012. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk
: "The Allgemeine Elektricitäts-Geselschaft (A.E.G.) of Berlin, Germany began developing multi-engined aircraft in early 1915, and the first production series G.II appeared in the July of that year, the 'G' denoting 'Grossflugzeuge' (big aircraft). The aircraft was of mixed steel and wood construction, covered with duralumin, plywood and fabric. The twin-engined bomber carried a crew of three: a pilot, and a gunner in front and rear positions. Between fifteen and twenty were produced."