BILL McBRIDE COLLECTION
No. 12076. Kondor W.1 German Army Air Service
09/30/2013. Appearing in the spring of 1915, the sole W.1 was one of only two machines that Paul Westphal designed for Kondor Flugzeugwerke. A conventional two-seater of wooden construction with a plywood-covered fuselage, its interplane bracing was an unusual feature in that the two pairs of struts converged to form a Vee when seen in the front view. Powerplant was an 120 hp Mercedes D II engine.
Created September 30, 2013