12/15/2017. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk
: "Eight copies of the twin-engined trainer WD 7 were built, of which the first had flown in December 1915. The biplane had two 120 hp Daimler D III engines mounted on the lower wing, the frontal coolers were fitted above the engine gondolas. The wood-clad hull had a rectangular cross-section, while the rear area had a steel-tube construction with fabric covering. The three-bay wings of wooden construction were fabric-covered. The large trapezoidal tailplane was fitted on top of the fuselage, this as well as the double fins and rudders were of steel-tube construction, covered with fabric. Two two-step wooden floats were connected by steel pipes to the aircraft and gave the WD 7 a good seaworthiness. In the fuselage bow was a gunner position with a flexible machinegun. In May 1917, a 1.46 in (37 mm) cannon was experimentally installed in the spacious gunner position."