10/31/2009. The second of ten pre-production Do-335A-0's the aircraft was completed at Dornier at Oberpfaffenhofen, Germany on April 16, 1945, to be captured by allied forces six days later. The aircraft was flown to Cherbourg, France, and shipped to the USA, where it was tested under BuNo. 121447 by the USN at the Tactical Test Division, Test and Evaluation Center, NAS Patuxent River, Maryland, from December 1945 to March 31, 1947.
Donated to the NASM in 1961 the sole surviving Do 335 was kept in storage at NAS Norfolk until 1974, when it returned to Germany for a one-year restoration. Subsequently it was put on display for ten years at the Deutsches Museum in Munich. Returned to the USA it was kept in storage by the NASM until it was put on display at the NASM in 2003.